- Participate in design development and operation of state of the art instrumentation and control systems in support of a wide range of current and future objects at the company.
- 60% – Design, Maintain and Support instrumentation and control systems.
- 15% – Daily operation and maintenance of Control and Monitoring System.
- 10% – Develop Diagrams, Drawings and Documentation for systems developed
- 15% – Embedded controller development and support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and technical staff with varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with hardware interfacing and control.
- Experience with cabling and interconnectivity.
- Experience working with Digital I/O.
- Experience working with Analog Data acquisition and signal conditioning techniques.
- Experience generating and reading State Machine, Logic Flow and Interconnection Diagrams.
Ideal Candidate would also have:
- Experience working with National Instrumental LabView.
- Experience with Electronics design and building electronics.
- Exposure to Version control Software (SVN, GIT)
- Exposure to standard off the shelf test equipment: Digital Voltmeter Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer Benchtop DC Power Supplies
- 5% – Must be able to physically lift, move and install typical rack mountable equipment
- 5% – The ability to occasionally work in awkward positions by bending, stooping, crawling and climbing ladder should be expected
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.