Job ID: BH109878
Category: Production Manager, Operations
The Plant Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the seed corn production facility in Atkinson, IL. This includes managing the bulk processing, conditioning, warehousing, and distribution.
• Ensure production schedules, product quality and departmental budgets are met.
• Clearly communicate job expectations, company policies, procedures, and regularly appraise and review job performance with employees – including merit increase and improvement plans, as needed.
• Coordinate with the Field Operations Manager and together provide Atkinson Plant Inventory Control and responsibility.
• Lead the recruitment of full-time Production team members with a constant eye for talent, sourcing, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
• Oversee the successful seasonal transition of employees from one plant activity to another.
• Oversee the facility’s work safety and safe driving standards, constantly challenging team to have a safety-oriented mindset.
• Participate in Company presentations and facility tours by providing expertise in the area of production operations.
• Communicate regularly with senior management, direct reports and other departments to provide progress reports and address any concerns.
• Maintain visible relationship with Sales Management. Includes attending periodic Sales meetings and in field visits.
• Maintain and enhance personal knowledge of the seed corn industry and technology through contacts in the seed industry, self-study, and professional meetings.
The majority of work is performed indoors in an office or production facility. Occasional outside working conditions during part of the season may include long hours in variable weather conditions.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.