We are conducting a search for professionals with experience selling seed for a client of ours. This position utilizes an individual’s sales skills to actively develop and manage customers and prospects in a geographic territory toward goals of customer satisfaction, customer retention, sales growth, and profit.
- Use of field marketing skills to personally represent the client and focus on building strong business relationships with corn growers.
- Training and motivation of the district’s Seed Representatives. Training to include product information and positioning, agronomics, programs, and business procedures.
- Analyze and build knowledge of the district territory to determine strategies and the best use of resources to increase market share and build demand for company's' products.
- Implement company programs with integrity and to maximize both sales and ROI.
- Provide management with market information, feedback on product performance needs, sales and marketing ideas and inventory projections.
- Manage the company’s inventory and district’s allocations to maximize sales, customer success, and long-term goals.
- Deliver presentations to seed reps/customers, at district or company meetings, and field days.
- Recruit locations for on-farm trials and side-by-sides against competitors.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet corporate goals.
- Adhere to the principles outlined in the company’s Mission/Vision Statement.
- Work within established expense budget.
- Observe company work safety and safe driving standards.
- Execute and implement the marketing strategy and plan.
Location: Blue Earth, MN, Albert Lea, MN or similar areas covering Faribault and Freeborn County territory
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Agriculture or equivalent of 3-5 years of previous work experience.
- Seed sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, commissions, etc.
- Reasoning ability
- Results-oriented, one-on-one direct selling skills
- Exhibits strong work ethic and professionalism
- Enthusiastic commitment to team building
- Strong organizational skills, with adaptability to change
- Dedication to creating value for the customer
- Strong one-on-one coaching/mentoring skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Uncompromising integrity and honesty
- Willingness to live in sales territory
- Proficiency in computer technology
- Responsible driving record