Our client has a challenging opportunity for a Sr. Business Analyst. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Information Technology Department.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be the primary liaison between IT departments and various business units in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and IT applications/systems. He/She acts as an IT consultant for business problems and opportunities and may provide insight for possible technical solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst takes an active role in extrapolating high-level business and user requirements into quality functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on those requirements.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community and the development team through which requirements flow
- Conducts interviews and leads requirements gathering sessions with business representatives to elicit and document business requirements for system development.
- Elicit and write business and system functional and non-functional requirements including usability, reliability, performance and support requirements of a system
- Effectively communicate issues to business customers and elicit feedback for applications programmers and technology solution providers
- Develop/maintain use cases and workflow scenarios
- Works with Application programmers to analyze and develop conceptual design of system components
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing
- Applies use of tools to define requirements and documentation
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for assigned projects and processes
- Conducts issue triage and escalation as it relates to requirements/technical issues for the client/project
- Acts as Post-Launch Subject Matter Expert for internal and external contacts
- 7 or more years experience in a Business Analyst Capacity-focused in an Insurance Business Environment
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Information Systems preferred, MBA highly preferred
- Must have at least 5 years of Insurance business experience, but preferably 3- years of business experience (claims, underwriting, agency accounting, corporate underwriting, BSS, etc)
- Expected to perform as a Sr. Project contributor with minimal supervision
- Able to work directly with clients to understand business requirements on a project basis
- Ability to understand the client area's functions and systems
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience/exposure to business analysis methodology, process improvement methodology, project and risk management and industry related tools
Attitude and Aptitude will be primary qualifications for this role. Will give strong consideration for individuals with an aptitude for technology and have extensive insurance experience.