Job ID: BH112777
Category: Procurement / Supply Chain
Industry: Energy & Infrastructure - Power Generation
- Promote a high degree of professionalism in purchasing activities. Minimize risks to the company and the government, while meeting Procurement objectives, safeguarding Laboratory policies, and maintaining effective relationships with Department of Energy (DOE), University, and various Laboratory stakeholders.
- The Procurement Specialist II is responsible for cradle-to-grave administration of commercial and non-commercial “low” risk acquisitions.
- Utilizes independent problem-solving techniques and skills, including managing procurement-requestor meetings to minimize procurement risk and promote value of the procurement process
- Supports acquisition pre-award support including:
- SOWs, Acquisition Strategy Support, Cost Estimates, Market Research, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection, and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation
- Provide Purchasing Card (P-Card) program support
- Seeks quality goods/services at fair and reasonable prices to meet the Laboratory’s needs
- Manages supplier relationships
- Negotiates and awards purchase orders
- Maintains excellent file documentation, standard format and record retention consistent with the company's Procurement manual for all procurements
- Engages in post-award administration
- The PS II participates in special projects as assigned by the Director of Procurement and assumes the authority fully commensurate with assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Required Experience:
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a purchasing/procurement environment
- Experience within construction, facilities, aerospace, educational or Federal Government procurement
- Relevant business experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other applicable government regulations
- Knowledge of federally funded procurements, FARs, DEARs, and Uniform Commercial Code is strongly preferred
- Ample experience in all aspects of market research, source selection, cost/price analysis, negotiating in accordance with relevant procurement regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of computer-based procurement systems; demonstrated skills using various software,
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Other strongly desired skills and traits include:
- Excellent verbal and written communications; results-oriented, self-motivated, independent decision-making and problem-solving, negotiation skills; and outstanding prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- High ethical standards representative of the organization's commitment to excellence are a must.
- This position requires occasional reaching, stooping and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 pounds or less.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered, which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this position.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.