Job ID: BH117110
We are conducting a client search for an experienced corn breeder to join their Research & Development organization. The Corn Breeder develops, tests, identifies, and documents stable corn hybrids that create the highest net return for corn growers in Wyffels’ target market. This position gathers technical information that will characterize, position, and manage corn hybrids and seed technology for optimal performance. The Corn Breeder also disseminates information to sales and marketing that enables accurate product positioning and management and subsequent increases in sales and company profits.
This position reports to the Director of Research and is a part of the Research & Development Department. This department is responsible for planning and coordinating research activities, including corn breeding, testing, and hybrid commercialization.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Develop, identify and classify new products (base genetics) that are superior to current lineup.
• Conduct inbred line development in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for a specified RM zone.
• Coordinate testing activities, advancement decisions, and test seed availability for an assigned relative maturity zone (e.g. 100-105 RM).
• Plan, conduct, and summarize agronomic experiments as requested by Director of Research.
• Work with the Agronomy Management team to provide hybrid characteristics, product placement, new traits, and general agronomic information to the sales department.
• Review region sales projections and coach District Sales Managers and Region Managers on product life cycles within assigned RM zone.
• Maintain and enhance personal knowledge of genetics and technology through contacts in the seed industry, self-study, and professional meetings.
• Adhere to the principles outlined in the company’s mission and vision statement.
• Observe company safety and driving policies.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.