Job ID: BH117185
Category: Solutions Architect, Business Analyst, Sales
The Apelago Group is actively looking for individuals with strong experience in helping sell application software into the Group & Voluntary Benefits, Life, and/or P&C insurance carriers. You will support the sales organization helping position and present / demonstrate the software and services to prospective customers. You will leverage your insurance industry experience to help relate to the prospective buyers, respond for RFIs, RFPs and participate in industry trade shows and events. You will also work closely with Product Management and Development to identify customer requested product improvements to help the products mature. We are looking for both Functional and Technical Pre-Sales Consultant resources.
The Pre-Sales Consultant will lead specific product demonstrations, assessments and functionality discovery sessions with prospective customers, evangelizing the products and solutions. As a story-teller the Pre-Sales Consultant will have a deep understanding of the insurance industry, and able to promote the features and benefits based on the needs of the client, with a view to integrating the customer’s future needs into the sales process.
Supporting the full sales lifecycle from initial customer contact and qualification to contract signature, you will work in partnership with the Sales team to support the selling process, including product demonstrations, white-boarding sessions, functional or technical calls, formal RFPs, and informal written proposals.
Key Job Functions:
• Discover customer needs and requirements, determines customer problem areas, and articulates recommended solution(s) or product(s).
• Conducts and participates in sales calls and demonstrates the value of company solutions and products. Delivers sales materials, presentations and technical product details.
• Interact, collaborate and listen to customers throughout the selling process to ensure their needs are properly understood and being addressed.
• Create and deliver detailed product demonstrations, including product overviews, detailed demonstrations and client driven proof-of-concept projects
• Coordinates customer meetings and presentations in cooperation with others members of the sales team or related support functions.
• Collect and document prospective customer requirements based on interactions with clients, and work internally with Product and Engineering groups to create and refine the client presentations
• Support sales through authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
• Manage RFI/RFP responses and lead formal demonstrations of our solutions.
Location: Major US or Canada city, preferably in the Northeast or Midwest
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years’ experience in the enterprise and application software industry, specifically in the Insurance sector. Insurance carrier experience is also a strong benefit
• Demonstrated knowledge of the current Insurance - Property and Casualty, Life insurance, annuities, Group and Voluntary Benefits or Healthcare Insurance
• Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders – from technical resources to C-level executive management personnel.
• Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency; is creative, disciplined, passionate and an out-of-the-box thinker.
• Expert relationship building, leadership, and presentation skills are a must
• Proven technical sales leadership skills
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutual expectations with customers
• Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audience
• Deep knowledge of strategic, conceptual and consultative selling
• Expert coordination, organization, team building and communication abilities
• Effective written and verbal communications skills as demonstrated through presentation development and delivery experience
• Demonstrated ability to produce results working independently and as a member of a team.
• Developed problem-solving skills as demonstrated by examples of creative and forward thinking solutions to business issues.
• Travel 30%-50% nationally supporting strategic sales and product needs.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.