Job ID: BH117299
Category: Project Engineer
Seeking a Fire Alarm Expert with Level II or Level III with experience in designing/estimating Fire, life safety and Security systems to include ACS, CCTV and IDS. The applicant shall also be committed to quality and safety industry practices. The Senior Engineer is responsible for the overall design direction, code compliance and support for assigned projects. The person selected to fill this role will need to have the ability to mentor and manage staff and interact in a dynamic environment with management and customers at all levels.
• Develop project scoping documents, fire detection and alarm equipment specifications, prepare logic diagrams, loop diagrams, detection and alarm device layout plans, panel layout details, battery loading, panel and circuit calculations.
• Planning and design details including engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, engineering reports, etc.
• Familiar with and able to interpret and apply national consensus codes and standards, such as NFPA 70, NFPA 72, NFPA 90A, NFPA 101, IBC and various other ISA and IEEE standards.
• Familiar with bid evaluation and permit submittal review.
• Provide engineering support to construction forces.
• Provide direction to designers.
• Provide 2D CADD drawings for permit submittals, installation packages and as-built documentation.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Conducting technical discussions and meetings with customers and suppliers.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, safety, information, contract performance) on multiple project assignments.
• Provide support for project managers from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with company objectives and contract requirements.
• Create, review and approve proposals, including pricing and cost estimates.
• Manage scope development, design and contract performance, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects.
• Attend assigned organizational and customer meetings.
• Identify training needs.
• Multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• On-site project observations and reviews; duties required to fulfill contractual obligations for construction phase services; overseeing other personnel assigned to this responsibility.
Experience and Education:
• NICET Level 2 Certificate
• 3 years related Fire Alarm experience with at least 1 years in performing a full installation of a fire Alarm system on complex and large projects.
• Must be able to understand Fire alarm and life safety design drawings • EST Fire alarm and life safety installation (preferred) but not required. • Secret Clearance preferred but not required due to projects being on Fort Hood.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.