We have a project coming up with a client who is looking for an experienced Contracts Specialist with experience in high dollar complex procurements. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting Contracts personnel in the procurement of a variety of services and/or complex equipment, through various contract types in a high-volume environment in accordance with the provisions outlined in the client's Procurement Operations Manual and Standard Work Instructions, and under minimal supervision. The candidate will also be responsible for contract administration functions including monitoring of progress and milestones, receipt of deliverables and invoice approval in coordination with the contract administrative representative and the contractors. Responsibilities shall also include identification and tracking of customer supplied or purchased property and maintenance throughout the life of the procurement/requirement.
This position is eligible for telecommuting /100% remote work.
- Conferring with end-users on the products or services needed and related issues;
- Setting up Request for Proposals and Requests for Quotations in compliance with existing standard operating procedures, Federal and Departmental (DOE) regulations;
- Review and assist in the preparation of Statements of Work and Specification documents;
- Review and assist in the preparation of contracts/purchase orders (POs);
- Administration of contracts/POs to include:
- Modification of contracts/POs;
- Statusing and expediting contracts/POs;
- Reviewing and recommending approval of invoices;
- Close out contracts/POs.
- Performs other contract management assigned duties.
• A bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience based on 2:1 (experience:college) years.
- A minimum of seven (7) years, full-time, contemporary, directly related experience.
- The successful candidate must possess a demonstrated ability to deal with project deadlines and high dollar complex equipment and/or construction procurements.
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Candidate must be well versed and have an in-depth understanding of all principles of the procurement process in a government environment from inception of a requirement to contract close out, including but not limited to:
- Analysis of requirements and selection of the appropriate procurement method.
- Creation of the solicitation (RFQ/RFP).